High Quality Forklift Ramps in Perth
As experienced forklift ramp builders, with highly skilled design and construction teams, we are able to offer a first-class bespoke ramp building service to our commercial customers in Perth. Thanks to our in-depth knowledge and experience, we are also able to provide a highly competitive and efficient repair service to our many customers in the area. Whether you are looking for a contractor who can handle a brand new installation without any unnecessary drama or repair an existing ramp that is showing signs of age, call Protec Asphalt today to discuss your needs.
Why Install a Permanent Forklift Ramp?
Ramps in loading bays and other areas of warehouses and distribution centres are vital features that make it easy for forklift drivers to store, retrieve, load and unload goods quickly and safely. While there are many different types of mechanical ramps that can be bought or hired for such purposes, we recommend permanent asphalt forklift ramps in Perth for the following reasons:
- A More Stable Surface – Even the best designed mobile ramps cannot provide the same level of stability as a permanent asphalt ramp. If safety is of paramount importance to your organisation we have no hesitation in recommending permanent ramps over their movable counterparts.
- Custom Specifications – Although the gradient of mobile ramps can be adjusted to suit your needs, the width and length of each one are normally fixed. On the other hand, an asphalt ramp can be designed and built to your custom specifications, ensuring that it is perfect for your needs.
- No Security Worries – Unlike their mobile cousins, permanent asphalt ramps never mysteriously disappear in the middle of the night. If you choose to have permanent ramps built in your warehouse or distribution centre, you will never have to face the nightmare of not being able to load and unload trucks because somebody has stolen your ramps in the middle of the night.
- No Danger of Damaging Your Forklift Wheels – Over time, mobile metal ramps are subject to a great deal of wear and tear which inevitably leads to a deterioration in the surfaces over which your forklifts must travel. In some cases, broken metal struts and other components can cause serious damage to forklifts and other warehouse vehicles, something which is not a problem when using asphalt ramps. While asphalt surfaces will deteriorate after many years of use, the fact they are made of rounded aggregate and bitumen means they gently crumble rather than break off in sharp sections.
- Easy Maintenance – When the surface of a mobile metal ramp deteriorates to the point where it is no longer safe to use, the only course of action open to you is to return it to the manufacturer for repair or to purchase a new one. Asphalt ramps, on the other hand, are extremely easy for experienced professionals to repair: all you need to do is to give us a call and we will make arrangements to visit your site and perform the necessary work.
- More Cost Effective – Whether you rent or buy mobile ramps, they are likely to cost you more money over time than their permanent asphalt equivalents. If your organisation is keen to keep operating costs to a minimum, without making any compromises as far as the safety of employees are concerned, asphalt ramps are the obvious solution. Costs will of course vary according to the dimensions of the ramps you would like us to build so it is a good idea to request a quotation before making a final decision.
- Rustproof – Rust is never something you will have to worry about when you commission Protec Asphalt to build a forklift ramp in Perth. While it is possible to purchase aluminium ramps that are rust resistant, they are far more expensive so most companies opt for metal ramps when going the mobile route. If you want the most cost effective solution as far as rust resistance is concerned, asphalt is the only option you need to consider: damp weather is of no concern to companies that use permanent asphalt forklift ramps.
To obtain a detailed quotation for the design and construction of one or more ramps, please do not hesitate to contact the team at Protec whenever convenient. We will be more than happy to survey the site in question and to prepare a no-obligation quotation for your consideration. If you have any questions about the design and construction processes, we will of course be happy to answer these too.